UCampusBooks is a textbook marketplace app that allows students to have a central repository for selling and buying textbooks from each other. A better alternative to high prices at official bookstores, students can continue to pass savings on to their peers.
Textbook prices are often extremely expensive for College students, with students often relying on a Facebook or other Social Network group to facilitate the buying and selling of books. However, these listings are often buried in posts and are difficult to search the exact book you need.
Talking with students at four different campuses, the common pain points of their existing textbook exchange groups were:
- Hard to search and filter by exact book or Class
- No way to see multiple sellers or buyers of a single book. You often click on the most recent post
- No easy way for seller/buyer verification. Must trust that their Facebook account is legitimate
Ideation & Wireframes
- Scan/search for your book
- Agree on a price with interested buyers
- Meet-up in person and finalize the sale
Each book presents all seller listings, sorted by the lowest price.
Individual listings can also be favorited. Tapping through initiates a conversation with the seller.
All open conversations are color-coded and easily sorted by buyers and sellers.